Friday, August 15, 2008

More Than A Mommy

I think that I am more than just a Mommy, even though I am so happy that I am a Mommy to three lovely children, but I actually do a lot more. Along with most people's usual roles, wife friend, daughter etc. I am also a full time student. I am crafty and I cook (actually baking is what I do best, but it is never healthy so I have to cut back on that) and a whole bunch of other things. When a girlfriend recommended I start blogging I just didn't get it. I barely have time to do all the things I want to in real life. When she got to the part where people will bind your blogs into books it was on. I thought that would be a great way to save memories of what my children are doing. I like to write in the blog but some of the things that I really want to write about are not always appropriate for a book about the kids and some of it is just information that is fun to share, so I decided a second blog was in order. This one will be more about the other side of being a mom, which includes hanging out with mom friends and cooking and miscellaneous other things that I thought did not need to be shared in a blog about the littles. So it begins.
Tonight I went out with my one of my girlfriends to a local restaurant/bar Sushi Hai in our o-so trendy hood. The restaurant is actually a super cool place with several levels and two huge bar areas and the bartender on tonight, John, was great. The drink special was so tasty that it is worth sharing. First muddle two lime wedges and add that to cherry vodka, lemonade, 7-up and club soda, it is super refreshing. I have been all about the flavored vodka lately. My current favorite is the Absolut Apeach, their website sucks so I am not including any type of link to it. Try it with just diet 7-Up and if you are a fan of peach you will love it. John also made a martini with the peach vodka and that was so awesome too, in addition to the vodka it had peach schnapps, grenadine and a splash of orange juice, it may be may new personal favorite. I am planning on making one of these two drinks for block party this weekend, let me know what you would like on a warm block party day?

No comments: